01 Nov Residential Property Manager
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Compensation: Top performers will make $73,000. If licensed as a Real Estate Agent in the state of Texas, the minimum starting pay is $63,000. If not already licensed, the minimum starting pay is $52,000 and will increase to $63,000 once accomplished. Other bonus opportunities are available.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Salaried
1836 Property Management is seeking a team and detail oriented property manager who wants to join a winning and growing team.
The Residential Property Manager at 1836 Property Management is responsible for all Investor and Resident facing interactions for a given set of properties. They will also be responsible for reviewing and triaging all maintenance requests for their managed properties. They will be supported on their team by an Assistant Property Manager, once scaled up, and supervised by the Manager of PM Operations.
The right candidate will care for the emotional, financial and logistical journey of new and seasoned investors as well as the actual properties we manage through great listening, sound decision making, collaborative problems solving and consistent professionalism. Over time, the Residential Property Manager will develop skills necessary to manage their workflow effectively and find a balance with a set of properties, investors and residents.
1836 Property Management is looking for a candidate that is a licensed Real Estate Agent in the state of Texas. A candidate may apply without already being licensed but must commit to acquiring their license within the first 90 days of employment or they will be terminated.
- Manage investor relationships including financials, maintenance questions and more.
- Review, troubleshoot, and triage maintenance requests in a timely, accurate and efficient manner as they arrive from residents.
- Manage maintenance related decisions and oversight of proper maintenance on properties in a portfolio
- Effectively managing time by prioritizing urgent tasks
- Maintain daily checks to ensure each resident and investor is pleased and each property is properly maintained.
- Manage and execute required management and office duties on time according to the monthly calendar.
- Manage move in and move out processes for residents coordinating documentation, required paperwork, accounting and communicating and verifying required details.
- Create and distribute contracts and leases for properties, owners and tenants.
- Maintain proactive approach to upcoming tenant departures and property maintenance with regards to required paperwork, communication and documentation.
- Perform accounts receivable function as required. These will be related to rental income and billing from vendors.
- Investigate and resolve tenant complaints and/or maintenance issues.
- Enforce company policies regarding lease violations according to the company timeline.
- Including sending notices, communicating with tenants and documenting interactions.
- Attract tenants and clients by listing vacancies for lease and/or sale as necessary, following up on inquiries and showing properties.
- Estimate and evaluate rental rates.
- Evaluate, investigate and document the condition of rental properties at their respective locations.
- Increase skills and update knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Participate in marketing events to promote the company’s services such as trade shows.
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to position.
The right candidate will deliver the following at the end of the first 90 days:
- Ability to navigate and use various software successfully including but not limited to Buildium, Acutraq, Google Drive, MLS, ZipForm, Podio, Monday.com, etc..
- Ability to deliver work on time with little to no errors.
- Ability to navigate, facilitate and deliver positive investor and resident interactions.
- Interact with vendors professionally
- Process applications
- Proactively set up utilities for properties
- Create MLS and software listings
- Scan and upload bills and apply to appropriate client
- Follow up on HOA notices/violations
- Set up rekey of properties
- File papers online
- Contribute to solutions for problems as they arrive
- Completely own any tasks or responsibilities assigned
- Ability to self manage workload and deliver without fail
- Skills/Qualifications: Professional level communication skills. Proficient with computers, web based: 2 years
- Office hours are 9am – 4:30pm. Salaried employees are expected to handle some pertinent, time sensitive, calls and emails outside of normal hours.
- Health care with 50% paid by the employer for the employee.
- Health Savings Account option
- Austin, TX 78704 however some transit to new properties will be required.
- The opportunity to work remotely when approved.
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- English required, Spanish-preferred
Required licenses or certifications:
- Real Estate License required (or must become licensed within the first 90 days of employment)
- Driver’s License
We are NOT accepting resumes for this position. To apply, you must follow the below Google Form link, complete a very short online application and upload a simple video cover letter (60 seconds) explaining why you‘re a good fit for this role. A simple phone or webcam video is acceptable, no editing or professional skills required.